Textbook adoptions should be entered through my.fsu.edu. Visit the Office of the Provost's page for more information.
Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability - Office of the Provost
Florida State University is committed to improving education access and affordability through innovative approaches intended to reduce textbook and instructional material costs for students. My.fsu.edu – Enter adoptions on this site or monitor adoption entry information. Textbook Adoption Manuals – detailed instructions on entering textbook and instructional materials into the course: provost.fsu.edu.
To check if the bookstore has received your adoption
Go to bkstr.com/floridastatestore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials and enter your course information to view the course materials the bookstore has adopted for your class.
Follett ACCESS is a program offered by the FSU Bookstore that enables colleges and universities to deliver all course materials (e.g. textbooks, lab kits, supplies, etc.) to be digitally delivered to students and automatically billed as part of tuition and fees. Student participation is through an opt-out process. With Follett ACCESS, students have the materials on the first day of class, stress-free and effortlessly.
- Faculty choose the content provider, edition, and medium that works best for instruction
- Know that everyone in class will have the same edition on day one — allowing instruction to start right away.
- No more troubleshooting digital materials — the FSU Bookstore (Follett) will do the work with the publisher and the students to ensure access.
- Support higher academic performance for all.
Success for Students
- Students receive the largest discount available — up to 30% on materials.
- Reduced stress during the purchasing process.
- Students are day one ready with access to all required course materials regardless of format or cost.
With Follett ACCESS, the FSU Bookstore...
- Has delivered materials for over 46 courses with 6 publishers.
- Processed over 15,000 opt-in transactions.
- Provided textbooks at an average cost of about $78 - a savings of more than 35% when compared to $120 for a new book elsewhere.
- Provided a total savings of over $700,000 to FSU students.
Follett ACCESS FAQs
What is Follett ACCESS?
How do students benefit from it?
What are the savings?
How do students sign up?
Can students opt-out?
How do I sign up?
If you have questions about your course material adoptions or are interested in Follett Access, please contact our textbook manager at email@example.com.